Saturday 24 August 2013

A mountain climbed

So today I conquered another challenge...The stairs. I have finally walked to the top of the stairs, without falling down, without bashing into the banister rail and without hitting myself off the wall. It wasn't the most normal stair climb but I did do it and I did make it to the top in one piece! 

Okay so I haven't fully mastered the stairs as I still have to sit on my bum like a child to come down them, but I'm sure I will be walking up and down the stairs normally again soon. 

So being able to walk upstairs whenever I want, opens so many doors that were closed! 

One of the most simple and basic human rights, using the toilet in the bathroom! Well I can tell you all now that from now on this is what will be happening! No more commode thank you very much! I have never enjoyed sitting on the toilet in my bathroom ever so much in my life. A simple luxury. 

Another luxury is being able to have a proper bath with both legs in the water, as you will know from my previous posts. With the ability to walk upstairs I can have a bath whenever I want and with the strengthening of my leg getting in and out of the bath is near to normal now. 

Simply having the choice weather or not to go upstairs when I want is such a lovely feeling. 



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment