Monday 19 August 2013

Shoes

Hello everyone! 

Sorry its been a while since my last post, I am becoming more and more busy since having my ex-fix removed. Today's post is all about shoes, One of my favourite things! During my time with an ex-fix I found it very difficult to get comfortable shoes that would fit both feet. My foot of my broken leg would often swell making wearing shoes very awkward. 


 I bought myself some 'crocs' although I hated them, they were the only shoes I could get to fit comfortably on my poorly foot. They had plenty of room so if my foot became swollen it wouldn't be restricted like in other shoes. As they where slip on shoes they were also very practical for the type of ex-fix I had in place. As you may know my ex-fix came right down to my ankle which made it even more difficult to wear shoes or socks. The first month or so I could only wear my 'crocs' but as my swelling and pain began to reduce I could manage to wear my gym trainers and converse shoes. 


 I bought myself a new pair of 'Vans' my all time favourite shoesies! Unfortunately as my foot still swells as the blood flow has not yet returned to normal, I haven't been able to wear them :'(



Since breaking my leg after slipping over on a wet dance floor on a night out it has made me never want to wear heels ever again! Even though at the time I wasn't wearing heels, I had my comfy medium high wedges on. I had such a big collection of heels and they were one of my favourite things to spend my money on. These have all now gone in the bin or in charity bags. I have started a new collection of flats which I am sure will increase fast, after all I am a girl and it is a good excuse to buy a new shoes!


I got these 1960s style studded black pumps from Select for only £6.00. 


 I got these lovelies from Debenhams in the sale for only £15.00. I wore these to a ball while I had my ex-fix on, I thought they were going to be comfier than what they were though! 


These ones were from Miss Guided and were also in the sale, £13.99. I bought these quite early on when I had my ex-fix so they wouldn't fit on my poorly foot. 


Tah dah they now fit :')  
Almost three weeks since the removal of my ex-fix I can get them on both feet. 


As you can also see my pin site wounds have completely healed, now I just need to work on that tan!


& Finally I got these from Select again in the sale for only £4.00. 


Hope this was useful. 
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, I still have my ex fixator on. My foot gets swollen quickly when I work out on it.

    I'm curious to ask if the swelling hurt as much now as opposed to when you you had the ex fix on your leg?

    Thanks a bunch!
    Algreato ` instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Algreato

      It is good to hear from you! No the swelling is not as painful as when I had my ex-fix on. Everything is a lot less painful now! The swelling is still there time to time but again is much better without the ex-fix. Its one of those waiting games I suppose.

      Love ♡
      Rach xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    Thanks for the response, i'm just trying to avoid my skin from ripping at the pin sites from working out the leg. As the swelling increases the more pain occurs. It almost feels like my foots about to explode from the pressure. Great to hear your progress!

    Enjoy,
    Alfredo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Algreato

      I can totally relate to what you are experiencing. I was told after cleaning my skin on my leg I could apply E45 cream to help prevent the skin from becoming tight and dry, however do not get any cream near or around your pin sites as this can cause infection. It might be an idea to try applying some E45 cream to your foot as well if the skin is becoming painful or I would perhaps give your ex-fix nurse a call for some advice.

      When my foot was starting to swell I would stop exercising and elevate my leg, then once the swelling had gone down I then resumed exercise.

      You could also try washing your foot with a cold or warm wash cloth then apply a small amount of E45 cream. I found this helped sooth my skin.

      Hope this helps

      Love ♡
      Rach xxx

      Delete