Tuesday 27 August 2013

Is that the finish line I see?

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since the removal of my ex-fix and I have my appointment (hopefully my final appointment!) for x-ray and review. I am now pottering about the house without my crutches and getting about much more freely. I hope with the news from tomorrows appointment I will be able to start going to the gym again. 

So is that the finish line I can see ahead!?

I bloody well hope so! It is about time isn't it? In total its been a grueling 23 weeks since my accident & boy has it felt long. I should be starting back at university late September so fingers crossed I will be walking like my normal self by then :')



Its been a long journey but all the hard work will be worth it in the end!



What are your thoughts?




4 comments:

  1. Very excited for you ! With anything you know best & your body will tell you if its ready or not to resume life fully. Regardless you made it through the tough part!
    I go back to clinic on the 23 which will mark 8 month in my ex fix, never the less i'm happy to be alive.

    Take care,
    Alfredo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes the hardest part is over for sure! How well is yours coming along now then? Hope all is going well for you!


      Rach xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    My leg is feeling a lot better, I'm going back tomorrow for X-rays & clinic again so I hope I get some good news, it's been exactly 8 months today.


    Is the swelling on your feet still occurring or has it subsided a bit an doesn't get as swollen?

    I'm really excited about wearing both sneakers at the same time .. Lol

    Thank You for answering all of my questions so far! You're keeping my spirits up by watching you get better!

    Alfredo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are on the mend!

      My foot still swells at the moment but I would say it is better than it was with the ex-fix insitu. It seems to only swell when I have walked for a while or if I have been wearing shoes all day! So it is not too bad, and I am sure the swelling will subside as my leg becomes stronger.

      I hope you have treated yourself to some new shoes for when you can enjoy wearing them!?

      Love
      Rach xxx

      Delete